Houston Divorce & Child Custody Law Firm
Full Service Family Law firm in Houston
Robert Reid McInvale is an experienced family law attorney with a comprehensive practice in Houston. He provides dedicated and strong advocacy for his clients, helping them with all the issues surrounding their divorce, separation, child custody, and other marriage and family matters.
Attorney McInvale—Reid to clients and friends—seemed destined for a law career. Born while his father was attending Emory University Law School, Reid grew up in Manchester, GA. His father was the city attorney for many years, as well as head of the Manchester Chamber of Commerce. It is in the family blood to become lawyers and help people get justice. U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall is part of the McInvale family tree.
Reid can offer empathy in his practice of family law after going through personal misfortune himself. As a Houston divorce and child custody lawyer and a family man, he has a unique perspective and sensitivity to all of the challenges that arise when family private matters become potentially litigious.
Admitted to Bar: 1982, State Bar of Texas
Education: South Texas College of Law, J.D. 1982
University of South Florida, B.A., 1979
Member: State Bar of Texas
Northwest Harris County Bar Association
Areas of Practice: Family Law, including: child custody, divorce, enforcement and contempt, child visitation, modifications, child protective services, protective orders, restraining orders, grandparent rights, child support, and wills and probate.
- Outstanding military man at Homestead AFB in 1971 by Chamber of Commerce
- Houston Volunteer Lawyer of the Year in 1989
- Call in radio talk show host, “At the Courthouse,” on KSEV in Houston in 1990
Outside of Office: Attorney McInvale is married with three grown children, one currently serving our country in the U.S. Navy. His outside interests and past include:
- Taught high school (English as a Second Language) to kids from 30 countries who spoke roughly 20 languages
- Served in the U. S. armed forces on a variety of assignments in various parts of the world from 1970-1974
- Takes pride that his sons are members of Kaw Nation of Oklahoma and great-grandsons of the Kaw Nation’s chief
- Membership in the Krewe of Maximillian, a Mardi Gras Krewe in Galveston
- Served as volunteer tax-preparer for the elderly through the IRS
Reid is a strong advocate for protecting the rights and interests of Houston children and abused parties in highly-emotional family disputes. He is a well-known and respected attorney in the Houston legal community providing vigorous representation of his clients during separation, divorce, and child custody disputes, and for getting results. He is also known in the community for his charitable works and sensitivity to key policy issues regarding the welfare of children.
Experienced Legal Representation in the Greater Houston area
Help with your divorce, child custody, or other family law issue is only a call away. Contact Robert Reid McInvale toll-free at 866-959-7824, or complete our online contact form.
12777 Jones Road, Ste. 330, Houston, Texas 77070
Toll-free: 866-959-7824, Houston: 281-955-1111, The Woodlands: 281-367-4422