Relentless Houston Child Custody and Family Law Attorney
A compassionate and exclusive focus on family law
Robert Reid McInvale, Attorney at Law is a Houston-based law firm offering quality legal advice and relentless representation for child custody, divorce, and all other family law matters. For more than three decades, Reid McInvale has provided personalized and responsive legal services focused on your most urgent concerns. Our firm concentrates exclusively on family law, delivering consistently excellent results in divorce cases and highly contentious child custody disputes. I know that the two most important and precious things in your life are your family and your finances. So, during challenges such as separation, divorce, or child custody conflicts, it is especially important to have a lawyer who can aggressively represent your interests, protecting those you love and your financial security.
Qualities to look for in a Houston family lawyer
In our practice, we take tough cases to court. Clients choose us because they know we’ll be reasonable about pursuing a settlement, but if the other side refuses to be reasonable, we will pursue our client’s goals relentlessly. We couldn’t do that if we weren’t excellent in court. Reid McInvale is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his high ethical standards and professional ability, but more specifically, there are three qualities that make him a superior trial lawyer:
- Good teacher — A trial boils down to a contest between two stories. Reid McInvale is very good at explaining facts to a jury and telling the client’s story in a way that is credible, persuasive and compelling. Reid also prepares our clients well for trial. As their trial coach, Reid teaches them the fundamentals of testifying: what to do and what not to do.
- Excellent writer — A trial lawyer’s ability to draft complaints, answers, and motions is often underrated. Too many attorneys dash off their filings, thinking they’ll cure any deficiencies when they get into court. Reid understands the importance of the written word as the judge prepares for and reflects upon the case. He composes his filings carefully with the intention of planting a seed he can harvest later.
- Aggressive demeanor — Too much bluster can be off-putting to a jury, but a measured and consistent aggressiveness in court is a sign of strength and certainty. Reid cross-examines witnesses meticulously to expose problems in their testimony, and he voices objections whenever there is a sound basis to keep opposing counsel in line and the all-important case narrative on track.
When a marriage breaks down, when there are disputes over child custody or child support, when abuse leads to child protection issues, or when confusion arises regarding a parent’s rights, these family law matters require professional case management. We take advocacy seriously, and we know that our skills can make a considerable difference in the outcome of the case.
Exclusive focus on Texas family law matters
Our firm focuses exclusively on legal matters affecting marriages and families. We treat every case with the personalized attention and sensitivity it deserves. We know that the emotional aspect of a divorce is stressful, and uncertainties about relevant laws add even more stress. We are sensitive to your concerns and help you to understand your legal rights. We discuss available options and the repercussions of certain legal actions so you can make informed decisions on these issues and others:
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support
- Division of marital property
- Enforcement of support and child custody orders
- Grandparents’ rights
- Modifications of court orders
- Orders of protection
Whenever possible, we negotiate settlements, which save you time and expense. We also assist clients in resolving issues through mediation, which typically results in more amicable resolutions than litigation. However, when aggressive representation is necessary to resolve a case, we draw on excellent trial skills that we have honed since 1982, when we first started handling family law cases. Our extensive experience and knowledge provide leverage at both the negotiating table and the courtroom. Whatever your family legal need is, our firm is here to offer valuable solutions, compassionate guidance and strong representation.
Put your trust in a seasoned divorce lawyer serving the greater Houston area
Help with your divorce, child custody, or other family law issue is only a call away. Contact Robert Reid McInvale toll-free at 866-959-7824, or contact us online. The Houston phone number is 281-955-1111. The Woodlands phone number is 281-367-4422.
Come meet us at either of our TWO locations for your convenience:
- NW Harris County Office
One Chasewood Bank Building
20333 SH 249 @ Chasewood Park Drive, near Louetta and just south of Hwy 99
serving Cypress, Tomball, Spring and The Woodlands
- West Houston Office
16360 Park Ten Place
Serving West Houston, Katy and Fort Bend County
Your case can be handled by Reid McInvale in YOUR county of residence or any other county in the Greater Houston Area and the entire State of Texas.
Call for an appointment:
Main number 281-955-1111
Toll-Free Number: 866-959-7824