Go to main navigation
16360 Park Ten Place, Suite 327, Houston, Texas 77084

Houston Child Support Modification, Reduction & Enforcement

Houston-area lawyer Robert Reid McInvale offers help with modification, reduction, and enforcement of family court-ordered support arrangements. If needed, he can help you petition the Houston court to modify your original child support arrangement.

Court orders with respect to alimony, child support, and visitation are subject to “modification,” or changes, as one or both parents’ circumstances change. Modification may allow for a reduction in the amount owed to the parent collecting child support, before the parent owed seeks enforcement of the original support order in your divorce decree. To change a court order that is in place requires that you file papers with the court for modification. Reid McInvale is here to assist you and to make sure everything is filled in correctly and filed in a timely fashion.

If the parties to divorce do not abide by the order handed down by a court, enforcement procedures may ensue. As a result, they can be found in contempt of court and ultimately jailed. Before that happens, there are many other methods that can be used to attempt to enforce or modify the court’s order. You can petition the court to reduce your payments due to financial hardship, rather than skip payments and risk contempt. Another possible modification may be to the payment schedule. You could request a change to quarterly payments, for instance, rather than the more standard monthly requirement.

It is critical that you have an attorney who is well-versed in all modification options, including reduction, and who can help you should enforcement become an issue. The Houston law firm of Robert Reid McInvale will stand beside you, listen to you, advise you, and advocate for you.

Help with your divorce, child custody, or other family law issue is only a call away.

Experienced Legal Representation in the Greater Houston area

Help with your divorce, child custody, or other family law issue is only a call away. Contact Robert Reid McInvale toll-free at , or complete our online contact form.

Come meet us at either of our TWO locations for your convenience:

1. NW Harris County Office
One Chasewood Bank Bldg.
20333 SH 249 @ Chasewood Park Drive, near Louetta and just south of Hwy 99
serving Cypress, Tomball, Spring and The Woodlands

2. West Office
16360 Park Ten Place,
Serving West Houston, Katy and Ft. Bend County

Your case can be handled by Reid McInvale in YOUR county of residence or any other county in the Greater Houston Area and the entire State of Texas.

Call for an appointment:

Main number 281-955-1111
Toll-Free Number: 866-959-7824
The Woodlands call 281-367-4422