Search Site

Lubbock Divorce Separation

The Lubbock law firm of Robert Reid McInvale can help you by providing advice with regards to separation, mediation, and divorce.

Separation, as it is legally defined,  is often considered as an alternative to divorce for couples who don’t want to live together anymore but aren’t ready to divorce, either due to a hope for reconciliation, a desire to save money, or a reluctance to launch into an often lengthy and contentious court process. The state of Texas does not recognize legal documentation of separation, but does allow for temporary orders of separation to be filed along with a divorce suit. An attorney can be of great assistance by providing guidance and offering alternatives to legal separation.

If a couple separates in the sense that one spouse moves out of the family home, an attorney like Robert Reid McInvale can help by providing advice on the next steps. For couples who are fearful of a protracted divorce and its possible effects on themselves and their families, their lawyer can suggest mediation options. Mediation can remove much of the rancor from divorce proceedings and help foster as swift and painless a parting as possible. Should the couple decide to go forward with a divorce, an attorney can help clarify the grounds that should be used, file any paperwork with the court, and represent the interests of his client in the courtroom should any issues of child support, alimony, or division of assets become contentious.

If you want to pursue legal options for finalizing a separation from your spouse, attorney Robert Reid McInvale can further explain the alternatives and advise you on how best to pursue mediation or a divorce.

Experienced Legal Representation in the Greater Lubbock area

Help with your divorce, child custody, or other family law issue is only a call away. Contact Robert Reid McInvale toll-free at 833-884-3087, or complete our online contact form.

Contact us for help with your divorce, child custody, or other family law issue
Robert Reid McInvale Attorney Photo
Robert Reid McInvale
Attorney at Law

Robert Reid McInvale is an experienced family law attorney with a comprehensive practice in Lubbock. He provides dedicated and strong advocacy for his clients, helping them with all the issues surrounding their divorce, separation, child custody, and other marriage and family matters. Attorney McInvale—Reid to clients and friends—seemed destined for a law career. Born while his father was attending Emory University Law School, Reid grew up in Manchester, GA. His father was the city attorney for many years, as well as head of the Manchester Chamber of Commerce. It is in the family blood to become lawyers and help people get justice. U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall is part of the McInvale family tree.

What our clients are saying

  • yelp

    Highly recommend him! Excellent legal representation. Highly skilled, held in high regard in the legal network, professional, intelligent and gets the results you need.

    Read more

    Marianne K.

  • google

    I rarely take time to post online reviews but our experience with Reid McInvale has been so good that I want to do whatever I can to help other people find this attorney. it was overwhelming when we started looking for a divorce and child custody att...

    Read more

    Cheryl Wiker

  • google

    Don't waste your time and money searching and interviewing other lawyers. Mr. McInvale did my custody case in 2010 and I have always returned to him when I had an issue or a question. He is a very truth speaking and up front attorney. He is NOT like ...

    Read more

    Mandi Friestad

  • google

    Mr.McInvale gets the job done. Most definitely willrecommend him and consider in the future as necessary to family & friends! If you need a Divorce call him.

    Read more

    Julia Coleman

See all reviews
Contact us

Quick Contact Form